Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Is the world coming to an end?


I watched the preview of 2012 today and boy, was I scared to death throughout the whole movie! Why? My mind was thinking about whether the myth is TRUE. And whether the Mayan's calculations are in fact accurate. Well, obviously the movie did captivate and moved me. The whole visuals (despite the over-reliance on CGI) were pretty realistic and it showed the impacts such as building collapsing, tidal waves, volcano eruptions...etc. It was mind-blowing!


As I was working on my real review of the movie, I came across a website http://www.december212012.com/ and, it was a website on the prediction! It did give me goosebumps especially when there's a countdown timer stating how many days, hours, minutes and seconds we have left for 21.12.2012. And since it's 11.35pm right now, well, we have exactly 1136 days, 18 hours and 35 minutes left! Great.. does that mean I won't be able to get married and have kids? I would only be 26 by then.. But, one thing I'm curious about the countdown.. would it imply to my time zone or another? Cause Malaysia is about 12 hours ahead of the States you know. And since we all know that the end of days = Earth destroyed into little pieces at once, then would I gain a few more hours if I flew to the States?


But don't you worry about me.. I'm not a whole believer on that. I do trust that the end of days will occur on a Friday.. like what Islam states. Yes, I know 21.12.2012 is on a Friday but, nobody knows when exactly the world will come to an end. It could be this coming Friday, probably the next.. It's a secret that God has kept from us. He only gives hints - like wars, global warming...


Back to the movie, I think 2012 is probably the best disaster movie that Roland Emmerich has ever directed. Yes, I've watched his previous directions including Stargate, Godzilla, The Day After Tomorrow and Indepedence Day.. why? Cause I think it scared the shit of all of those who watched it just now. What does bother me in this movie is that, it showed on how rich and powerful people are the ones that will survive. If you don't have any money to buy a seat in the Ark (the ship that will save those in it from the disaster), then goodbye! Oh, and you need a plane as well.. to fly to China where the Ark is being built.

No comments: