Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Senario The Movie Ep. 2: The Beach Boys



Yes, I watched Senario's latest flick recently during its preview. It's coming to you next Thursday (Nov 19) incase if you're wondering..

Senario has been in this industry for ages.... I can't remember when I first saw them but I think it was during my primary school years. At the time, they were new.. still fresh, funny.. and whatever silly jokes that they made, I would laugh out loud. I even went to see their performance at one of the hotels in Terengganu when we went back to my dad's hometown. And yes, I enjoyed it...

The first two movies that enjoyed was the one where they worked at a funfair and the other was the one with the roti canai scene.. I can't recall what the titles were. But they were both hilarious back then.. Next they acted in other Senario movies including Lang Buana which until now I have yet to watch.. or not.. donno...

In this latest flick, it's the continuation of the first episode and probably the rest.. where this time the boys have partners! Yes, the ladies! In all of their movies, they are always single.. So I guess that's one interesting point in this movie. Another would probably be the Kelantanese/Thai speaking girl whom falls in love with Wahid. Most of the time she speaks of the language which I hardly understood (I had to read the subtitles!) and one ok-lah kelakar lah jugak part was when she spoke in Thai and Wahid had to remind her that Senario is a Malay movie.

In addition, Lan Pet Pet as an aerobic instructor was funny as well.. but the scene was so short that I didn't get the chance to giggle.

What was bothering me in the movie was Azlee's ability to cross his eyes... Well, everyone knows that he could do that.. and that he has been doing that probably in all of his movies (correction, the Senario movies that I watched). It was too excessive and it was no longer funny.. And as for Lan Pet Pet, I am fascinated with his ability to create so many sounds with his lips but this time it was very excessive as well and probably in all scenes, he would do it! From the usual trumpet sound to plane crash..

The story telling was interesting.. the whole situation where the boys wanted to go for holiday but ended up helping the resort owner attract guests.. but the dialogs were a bit dull.. and not so funny.. throughout the movie I could count how many times I made a small giggle because it was truly funny - five times?

Anyway, overall, I would give it a 5 over 10.. It wasn't that intriguing compared to the first two Senario movies. I guess I am no longer their target audience.. it's time for the new kids to enjoy..

No comments: