Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A little insight on the upcoming movie, Planet 51

So, Planet 51 is coming out soon... Malaysia: Nov 19..




Well, it's an animated alien action comedy that revolves around an astronaut named Captain Charles "Chuck" Baker (voice by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson) who lands on Planet 51 from Earth thinking that he is the first person to step foot on it.
To his surprise, he finds a planet that is inhabited by little green aliens and whose only fear is that it will be invaded by aliens such as Chuck!
Now that the aliens are panicking, with the help of his robot companion "Rover" and his new friend Lem (voice by Justin Long) Chuck has to go back to his ship in less than 72 hours before it flies back to Earth without him.
The problem is, the alien armies has surrounded the ship! This is where the action begins....
What do I think about it?
To compare with Pixar and DreamWorks production, Planet 51 produced by Ilion Animations Studios did a great job in terms of visuals and the characters created are interesting. The colours and details shown in the movie are breathtaking as well!
But personally, it's a tad draggy for an animation.. and the story telling was a bit boring... Halfway I wanted to doze off (which never happened)! Not to be rude or anything but it was too typical..
As for those who lended their voice in the movie, The Rock as Chuck, well, since I'm so used to watching him as a black-haired-guy, this time, seeing him as an animation character with blonde hair, didn't feel right.. The rest was alright.. Justin Long, Jessica Biel..
I think it's actually Ilion Animations Studios' first creation. They are from Spain by the way... but if it is their first creation, then I definitely salute them eventhough the story telling part was quite dull. This is due to the beautiful visuals and due to me thinking that it was another Pixar/DreamWorks creation. Because I've been fooled, I would like to give this movie a 6.5 over 10.

I know I have a sucky review.. I can't comment much as this movie is yet to be released next week and my real review in the papers won't be out until next Thursday!

No comments: