Monday, September 1, 2008

Oh my dear lap....top

My laptop....
What can I say about it? Basically, I got it from my dad about..let me see.. during my diploma.. that was like... almost 5 years ago? I've been dying to change it for 2 years now but well, since my dad bought me a car which is worth so much, I decided to wait... and wait... and wait..
Back in the first 2 years that I got the laptop, I didn't feel any shame of bringing it around. Because it was in PERFECT condition. It still looked brand new.. no scratches.. no nothing..

Fast forward to the present, I can't shut my laptop properly cause I accidently knocked the side of my laptop at my friend's bed so the 'lock' thingy broke.. and the 'paint' or whatever you call it is disappearing and at times it sticks on my hand.. so that sucks.. Another, it's quite heavy compared to the hi-tech laptops these days. And, the sound of the fan is, at times, annoying.. That's why i'm actually dying to change this laptop..

BUT
and I repeat, BUT, the reason I'm stalling my wish to replace the laptop is because it has done so much for me.. I've been using this laptop to edit some of the videos that my group and I did back in diploma, I used it to write lecture notes, to do my assignments... well let's say everything. And to tell you the truth, this laptop has played a huge part in my achievements during diploma and currently, degree.. So yes, it does have a sentimental value to me or whatever the right word is..

This laptop isn't broken.. I'm using it right now.. but because of the 'outer' condition makes me want to replace it.. I know that some might say that I can afford to buy a new laptop. I won't deny that but the reasons include, 1) This laptop is still running perfectly 2) a new laptop costs either almost RM2k or more and I don't want to burden my dad afterall, he's currently paying for the car until I work 3) this laptop has never died on me. it's just the outer condition that prevents me from bringing it out from my house.. so it just lies in my room and services me when I need to use it

If I had the opportunity to buy a new laptop.. probably when I work? Well, I really would like to own a Sony Vaio.. My sister has it.. the first time she showed it to me through the internet when she studied in UK, I was really jealous. But at the time, this laptop was still perfect so the jealousy didn't last long.. :)
But right now there are so many pretty colours to choose from.. i'm eyeing on pink or gold.. but preferably gold.. it looks luxurious. MAC was on top of my list.. I craved for the apple. But then, I've been using windows for many years and getting used to something new would probably muddle my head. Plus some of the softwares aren't the same..
but of course, MAC is still powerful and lovely.
I did eye on Dell as I constantly kept receiving ads through the Star on its latest colourful laptops. I love yellow. But my brother said the spare parts are hard to find if anything happens to it.. so, i've crossed that out.
So yeah.. vaio... i would really love to have that.. but according to the brochure, for a black or white coloured laptop, it costs about RM3448 i think.. and if you want other colours (gold) you have to add another RM1k but of course the specs is different. I think just the ram. Can't remember.. rm4448 for a laptop... hrmm... i could buy 4 hi-tech handphones.. or use that to go back to Hong Kong. If I had a choice between laptop and Hong Kong, I would definitely choose HK. Or if between a car (if i didn't have a car) and HK, i still would choose HK. Trust me, i miss the country.
Can i stay there permanently? Get married and have babies there? With Min of course. Hehe.

Dream on..

1 comment:

Hafizah said...

Dear Elena,

i'm sorry about your mum. *hugs* things happen for a reason. Just stay strong ya?

Hafizah xoxo