Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The BIG day is here

Aug 26 marks a big day for BN and their opposition, PKR. The voting session in Permatang Pauh is scheduled to commence at 8am and end at 5pm. Now it's 5.30pm, I'm sure those who are in charge of counting the votes, are busy doing what they have to do..
Who will win? I ask myself.
To be honest, I don't support anyone. Should I? Indeed I should but since the mainstream newspaper and the opposition newspaper are disseminating their side of a certain story, I refuse to choose sides.
It's confusing for goodness sake!
I read Harakah during the weekend. Yes Harakah. My dad is the type of person who buys all sorts of newspaper when he doesn't play golf during the weekend. For the first time, I managed to flip through the whole paper. What is published in Berita Harian and New Straits Times, is written oppositely in the paper. For instance, the swearing on the Quran. I was first convinced that the sodomy thingy is true because of Saiful taking an oath in the mosque. A mufti (or was it Imam?) said that the swearing was wrong... then another said it was right. Harakah published articles on the event and said that it was wrong. Another article, on the claim who wins during the election. BN and PKR candidates are both confident in winning. You know what? I think that PKR wins... I mean.. actually I'm comfortable with BN ruling the country and all.. but the claims on the guy becoming the PM on Sept 16, I think is true.....
Well actually, I like thinking negatively so that if it turns out that way, I wouldn't get too upset.

I hate politics to be honest.

So the result will be out at 9.30 or so... i wonder.... i wonder.... i have a couple of friends who are fanatics of PKR. I wonder why they believe that they can bring changes? I don't know anything.. if PKR wins and does change Malaysia into a better country, then Alhamdulillah... otherwise, keep it as it is. Malaysia has improved a lot compared to previous years and other countries. We are just a little land but this little land has developed more than countries twice the size.

All the best to whoever who wins. Hope it does give great changes to our country and not otherwise.

No comments: