Sunday, August 17, 2008

High School Musical: Ice Tour

What can I say about the HSM: Ice Tour besides SPECTACULAR?

I managed to go watch the show as I was asked by the entertainment editor to cover the event. It wasn't my job at first. She gave it to my friend, Umie who was more under her during our internship but due to Umie receiving 2 free tickets to watch the show when she covered the pre-publicity for the tour, she told the editor that she already has the tickets and told her to give it to me. Of course I was DYING to watch the show at the time. When I saw the editor holding the fax which had the logo of the ice tour, i kind of made an obvious shriek. I was so excited! I wanted to watch it so bad but my sister didn't purchase the tickets early so the CIMB offer ended so we end up not buying any.

So as I reached there, I had to register early for the media pass. It got me all pumped up even more when they gave me this musical programme book. If you flip the first page, you'll hear one of the HSM song and of course they have wonderful pictures of the movie and the skaters as well. The price of the book is actually RM45 but they gave it for free! Lucky! And another, I got the HSM media tag. Of course it is just printed out and laminated. But the main thing is that it showed that I was there! Teehee. Gosh I sound so pathetic and childish (but who cares!).
After I registered, I went into the stadium and the organizer opened quite a number of stalls selling HSM merchandises. "Crap! I only have RM50" I told myself. I looked at the stuff from afar.. scanning through them to see the cheapest prices. Then I saw the lanyard which cost RM20. "Hmm.. shall I or shall I not buy it?" my heart whispered again. They had this rather funky diary which cost RM40. I wanted it but I would be left with RM10 to go back home and who knows what would happen on the way back? So I backed away.

The show went on for 90minutes. Of course there was one break to change the scene from HSM 1 to HSM 2. All of the skaters were world-class skaters and I must say, they were good actors/actesses as well! They perfectly 'sang' and acted in every scene of the HSM and of course, they skated away gracefully that wowed the crowd.

During every song, you could here children and of course some adults singing-a-long to the songs. I definitely sang some of the songs. I was craving to sing all of them but since i was there alone, i felt like a fool singing alone. Of course there were other medias who sat a seat away from me. Some were in front.. some were at the back.. they weren't singing. They were busy snapping pictures.

Ok ok about the show, i will give you just some insights as the show ends on the August 20 so you have much time to go purchase the tickets.. So the show featured songs such as "Breaking Free", "Stick to the status quo", "You're the music in me" (my fave! *Shriek!*), "We're all in this together" and the list goes on and on.. The show is no different than the movie itself. It features similar scenes.. such as for the HSM 1, you still can witness the Wild Cats in action in the basketball court, the audition scene.. for HSM 2, you have the Evan's club scene, the kitchen.. of course there are cool surprises that awaits for the audience! I love their wardrobe.. similar! :-D

Right after the show ended, I headed to the stall to purchase the lanyard that i was eyeing earlier.. there were so many kids and mothers trying to purchase the goodies. I did wait for a few minutes but since the crowd grew bigger (although they have many stalls that sell the same thing), I decided to leave and give the kiddies a chance to buy them.


P/S: High School Musical is not just for kids. Disney rocks!

No comments: