Friday, August 29, 2008

working on a MILLION ringgit watch

NST's compaq computer indicates it's 11.05am right now and the other journalists are busy typing away their assignments. I'm supposed to work on the latest Dior watches that they had 'previewed' to me and the rest who attended the Dior Luncheon at Modesto's recently but, I'm having a hard time to give it a good lead.
To use quotes or no quotes...
This is probably by far one of the hardest task I've ever encountered because it involves a RM1million limited edition watch. Yes one bloody million ringgit.... holy cow!
And there are only 25 of them available throughout the world. I wonder whether bringing a few of them to Malaysia this coming October is a great idea?
Well, according to one of the CD PR, she said that a man in Singapore recently popped in CD's boutique there and asked for a watch to buy for his wife's birthday. The salesgirl then showed the Dior Christal watch and the guy actually immediately loved it and bought it right a way! WOW! Lucky woman!
So one sold... does that mean there's 24 left?

I did get to touch the watch.. very heavy indeed.. An evil part of me told me, "Elena, run away with the watch! Go on.. there's a staircase outside."
Haha.. yeah right!
If I was one of the millionaires in Malaysia.. no wait.. scribble millionaire.. If I was one of the billionaires in Malaysia, would I actually go for the watch? With all the claims.. shock-proof, scratch-proof, water-proof... the watch went through 300 tests..(normal watch are only tested 80 times.. and when I say normal, it means other watches like Tag Heuer, Rolex.. <- normal huh?) and the list goes on and on.. I think I may splurge a million ringgit on just a single watch that tells us just the TIME. Afterall, I am a billionaire.. I still have loads of money left. I wish!
So what would I do when I have it? Of course like any other overly rich and high class people out there, - show it off to your girl friends..
Minutes after purchasing it.. I would speed dial all of my friends and go "Hey girl, let's go out for coffee. Let's chit-chat!"

Even if I just saw them yesterday.

I would purposely come a few minutes late so that everyone would be at the table.. And try to get the coffeehouse's lights to help flash the luxurious watch..

*flash...flash..* or *sparkle..sparkle*

Like any other supportive and jealous friends, they would go:
"Oh my God! You bought the new Dior watch! It must be expensive!"
"I've been dying to get the watch!"
"My hubby only bought me this Chopard watch"

And trying to pretend that you have forgotten all about the watch cause afterall, you're there to chitchat so I'll go:
"Oh yeah! I just bought it not too long ago (today actually). Nah, it's nothing.."

So voila, the agenda and topic of the day at the coffee house would be the Dior Christal watch. They'll try it on.. inspect it.. and come back home and bug their husbands to buy them one too. Even if it only lasts a couple of hours, afterall, that IS my intention. To show it off.

Wow what a bi*ch!


Of course, I'm nothing like that. Har har.

No comments: