Friday, August 29, 2008

FRIENDS... Time for me to hit the RESET button

I've been thinking about the people around me for quite some time.. whether they are loyal to me because they are comfortable being friends with me or are they sticking around so that they can dig in the negative stuff that I say or do and spread the news to others? I wonder...

Just give me a small piece of paper to list down the names that I trust and cherish as a friend, and voila! You get the whole lot in.

Yes, they are not many.

I remember back in the school days, in my old high school in section 2 Shah Alam.. I had a couple of friends that I hung out during recess. I was a prefect at the time so all the prefects would go for lunch at a different time (we had the whole canteen for ourselves). At times a few of them would go to me and say "Elena boleh tak pinjam (a certain amount of money)?" At times it would be RM1 or RM2... or a few cents.. I was cool with people borrowing things. But then it got over the line.. The word pinjam.. never meant = to borrow and to return back. I never got the money back and I'm not sure what is the total..
Ok I don't want to go pointing fingers cause i'm not sure whether they don't remember that they borrowed the money or... worse, whether they 'pow-ed' me. I'm not familiar with the 'pow' term. But people once told me that it was a trend for these so called hot shots to take money from another and not returning it back. It was part of their satisfaction as though they were bigger than the rest.

After being a complete dunce, I decided to become stingy.. and selective.

So that's the type of friends who are just with me for the sake of borrowing my money..

Next type is the ones that only text me when they have an important question to ask.. Oh trust me.. I'm famous during exams or when there are projects to pass up. I'm cool with the ones that I do strike conversations now and then.. but for the ones that I hardly even talk to then suddenly they come knocking on my door for help, is really weird.. Of course, I do help them and yes, dengan tulus ikhlas.. But it's just weird that they appear and then disappear.. and when the season comes again, they'll reappear and *poof* vanish.

I'm tired of being the one who text people and go "hey, how are you? I haven't heard from you for quite some time." How much does friendships worth? Spending 15cents or 20cents just to keep the knot isn't that much right? Even a litre of petrol costs us RM2.55. That's like equivalent to let me see.. 17 texts? That's a lot you know..and a lot of information gained. Trust me... I hardly get those kind of texts..

I wonder if I hit the reset button, how many people will still be loyal to me?

No comments: