Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 1 of my one month holiday

It's 12.45am right now and I promised myself that I would go to bed early. I had such a relaxing day with two of my friends - Mia and Aaina. Both me and Mia are done with our exams leaving Aaina (last exam on Wed) and the others - Nabila, Rurry and Zafri (last exam some time next week).

The day kicked off at 12pm where the three of us had a nice meal at Satay Club. I had Indo Fried Mee while Aaina had Peking Duck Rice or something and Mia had Chicken Rice. Yes, it was a satisfying meal.. Of course it's not the best if you compare with the dishes in Malaysia but for goodness sake, you can't compare! And don't ever convert the price AUD$10 for a dish into Malaysian ringgit otherwise you would feel turned off. Think of it as 10 ringgit.. (it's still pricey but whatever) :-D

We then went shopping for a few items.. well they did. I just went window shopping cause I didn't feel like splurging any money just yet. I have my eyes on the new Xbox 360 which comes out on the 1st of July. But, I can't promise that I would buy it nor I wouldn't! :-P After a couple of hours of browsing and purchasing (referring to them), we then decided to have a nice hot drink and some desserts. Mmm... love the fruit flan! After the session, Aaina decided to takeaway some food at Satay Club for dinner but all of us then diverted our plan and decided to walk around South Bank :-D We found a nice spot for us to lie on the grass and had a nice chat about random things. It got a tad chilly after awhile then we then shifted our way back to the city.. it's just about 5minutes walking distance by the way.

All of us not wanting to go back home early claiming that "the night is still young..". Well it was actually! We then decided to have a nice dinner at a Korean restaurant called Madtongsan II. Can't remember what the dish was called but it had this weird but funny name consisting the word "dub" and "bub". We had a bowl of rice and spicy squids. Mmm....!

Right after, we went to the Asian grocery store below the restaurant then 7-eleven - Aaina wanted to buy some stuff. Then went back home :-D

Despite the day sounding as though it was just like an ordinary outing.. nothing special but truthfully, I had a wonderful time. It was such a highlight of the week! Of course, in addition, I managed to relax my thoughts and forget about the exam yesterday... :-)

2 comments:

Farhana Ahmad said...

seronoknya berjalan lepas exam! i suka part baring2 on the grass :)

Elena Tengku said...

hehe yup.. it was nice.. unfortunately tak ada stars.. just got back from picking up my assignment and pinjam dvd :D