Saturday, June 26, 2010

The past two days in a nutshell..

It has been a very relaxing day for me for the past two days.. Went out with my girlfriends on Thursday for a breakfast session at Aroma's Cafe (or something like that), accompanied Aaina to do some shopping for her family and friends (she's heading back to Malaysian on Tuesday for the holidays), lunch session at Satay Club and a nice movie session - Toy Story.
How's Toy Story? It was absolutely hilarious! And at the same time, I kinda cried.. it had some emotional element this time. Ok not kinda.. I did cry! Even Aaina who was sitting beside me.. And I think Mia and Rurry too!

Anyway, right after we had a nice pancake session at Pancake Manor. Well, to be honest, the place kinda gives me a creepy vibe.. The building was actually an old church. When I went in, I could see the high ceiling.. the church-like windows.. Pancake Manor is probably one of the recommended places if you go to the city (and for those who love pancakes) and it opens 24/7. Oh and it's one of the haunted places in Brisbane according to the Brisbane Ghost Tour website. Or probably it was cause I did wonder if it's 24/7, when can the ghostly figures emerge? Probably I should interview one of the old workers for a story ;-P Back to the creepy vibe, well, you know when sometimes you can feel something is not right? I had that feeling when I was in the place.. Nothing to do with it being an ex-church.. I guess it's due to the fact that the building was a very old building and probably had a lot of history along the way.. you know what I mean? I had to go back home alone right after cause the rest lives near the Uni and I kinda had the same feeling on the way back but thankfully I slept peacefully that night :-)


Anyway, the following day me and Aaina met two of our Canadian friends to give some inside tips and interesting places to visit in Malaysia. They are heading there on the 11th and on the 14th heading to Perhentian Island. It was a nice coffee session.. had a really nice cup of mocha at The Coffee Club in the city. The whole session lasted probably almost two hours (didn't look at the time) and after they left, me and Aaina walked around in the city and headed for Satay Club for a nice lunch session. Right after, walked around again.. Aaina bought some additional items for her family.. I bought some stuff too.. then during the evening, Rurry joined us for another round of coffee session.. right after, went around the malls again.. and went back home right after.

So let's just say I had two normal but fun days :)

Today I'll be making sure that I don't go out to avoid spending unnecessary things.. Tomorrow would be the same thing.. As for Monday, all of us (the usual fun bunch :) ) are heading to Seaworld.. some of the girls are staying over at my place cause it would be easier for us to hop on the train which is just situated in front of my apartment.

That's it! :-D


Breakfast session on Thursday (my cup is on the right side, below) Looks like a flower doesn't it? :)

My Egg Benedict with Salmon..

Yummy pancake at Pancake Manor but the place gave me the creeps..

No comments: