Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 4: Traveling wherever I please

7.15am - I was awaken by my alarm clock. At first I didn't feel like jumping off the bed and heading to the showers. But thinking about how the past few days I've been wanting to go out and discover new areas that nobody has mentioned to me and also take pictures of the place, I managed to pull myself out the bed and have a nice hot shower.

8.15am - I dropped off the three DVDs that I had borrowed through a small hole at Video Ezy where you can easily return the rented items during after hours. Video Ezy opens at 9.30am by the way.. no way I wanted to wait that long.

8.26am - The bus to Cultural Centre bus station located at the city arrives and I arrive safely at the city around 8.40ish..

9.06am - Exactly 9.06am, the bus to Redland Bay arrives (it runs every one hour on weekends) and I zoom off to my destination..

It was a rather long but exciting journey to be honest. According to the translink.com.au (Queensland public transport website), the journey would take me about 1 hour 40mins to my destination. Along the way, I spotted Stones Corner where I did google up for duty free stores in Brisbane and a few said that the area was one of the must-go places for bargain hunters however, most of the stores are no longer in operation. Now people go to DFO at the Brisbane Airport and Jindalee as well as Harbourtown. Anyway, at Stones Corner, I spotted a Triumph factory outlet store! For the ladies who wear Triumph undergarments (I used to but not anymore), I guess you should check out the store. I didn't stop to check it out but I did see some 50% off signs so I reckon the store may offer a neat deal :-) Yes, the area kind of look dead/empty from my seat view.. but you never know there might be an interesting shop hidden in the area!

So off I go passing a lot of stores, schools, churches and even forest.. while I had Victoria Point Lakeside in mind, I passed Cleveland which I noticed had a nice view of the marina, several interesting shops and also a market! I was hoping that the Victoria Point was side by side with Cleveland but apparently it was further up. As I arrived Victoria Point, I was quite devastated that it looked dead. Yes it is definitely a mall beside a lake however, it didn't have any view of the river. Apparently most of the shops are closed on Sundays so imagine only a few shops that were open! But of course I didn't have any regrets checking out the place.. at least I know how it looks like. :-)

After a couple of minutes strolling around the place, I decided to catch a cab to Cleveland. As I arrived, eureka! I hit the jackpot. It had a stunning view of the river.. well I was hoping that the 'trip' involved me seeing Moreton Island from Victoria Point but apparently it's further up. I guess some other time :-) I walked around the marina, checked out the local market, had a scrumptious Calamari & Chips for lunch, listened to a boy singing "Down" by Jay Sean feat. Lil Wayne. Oh my goodness.... he was sooooooooo good! I gave him $4 and he was absolutely thrilled. I'm not sure what's the minimum of giving money to buskers but what the heck..

Pictures are worth a thousand words so I'll let the below pictures do the rest of the 'talking'.. :-D

1.35pm - I left Cleveland..

2.00pm something... - Arrived at Cultural Centre and headed to Queens Street for a dose of Chocolate Milk Tea with Pearls. Slrrrppp..... Then went to HMV just to kill the time. Went into MARCS, FCUK and a bookstore that I can't remember what it's called then headed back..

Before heading home I went to Video Ezy for another round of DVD marathon. Picked up the L word (final season) for the sake of finishing it and a new TV series entitled Drop Dead Diva.


At Victoria Point Lakeside

Welcome to Cleveland..

Petrol station :)

 Nice market.. :) But didn't get anything though..

Love these ornaments.. :)

 Entertainment of the day :)

 Looks like a Tiki..

Fish on Fire!

Calamari & Chips :)

No comments: